Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's Like This Then, Is It?

This is how I write.

Sit at computer for about five minutes. Type some stuff.
Check the mail--outside at the mailbox.
Check email.
Mess around on Facebook and Twitter.
Look again at what I've written.
Brush the cat.
Eat some cashews.
Have a drink of water.
Check Facebook.
Write a sentence. Erase it.
Text Will.
Think about dinner.
Re-write the sentence I just erased.
Sigh forlornly.
Walk out to courtyard. Sit on deck chair. Fall asleep.

Wake up and repeat many of the steps above in any order.

I have written nearly 1000 words on the Dead Poet Project. None of them are good.

1 comment:

  1. There's some analogy here to a tree falling in the forest and no one being there to hear it...if you type 1000 words on the Dead Poet Project, but delete them all, can they be counted?

    So, um, hi, Jim. I was wondering if you were blogging anymore and have had my head too up my nethers to hop over here...

    ReplyDelete