Friday, December 25, 2009

Not a Christmas Blog

I was writing a longish Christmas blog, one like the Christmas letters y'all used to send out. But writing about mushy holiday stuff has never been my thing, so I ditched it.

Instead, I offer you the only kind of Christmas carol I ever really liked: the classical choir stuff.



Although there is no good visual to go along with this music, it's the best recording I could find on YouTube of the Coventry Carol.

By the way, YouTube doesn't know the difference between "classical" and "classic." So when you search for "classical christmas music" you're likely to get the Taylor Dane Taylor Swift new country kind or Bing and Bowie doing "Little Drummer Boy," which some people consider a "classic."

Peace on earth would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Robert Shaw! You gave me Robert Shaw! Because this takes me directly to memories of my dad, your gift is multi-layered, babes.

    ReplyDelete